MageSEO was formed in September 2013 by GPMD (a leading UK-based Magento agency) and Paul Rogers (an experienced technical SEO specialist). Our first plugin, the advanced SEO plugin allows Magento users to eliminate common technical SEO issues and better control how search engines access their content! We’re also working on a schema extension for Magento and an advanced sitemap configuration module – we’ll also be introducing lots more modules soon. In addition to modules, we also provide Magento SEO auditing services and on-going consultancy.
The MageSEO advanced SEO plugin allows users to eliminate complex technical issues simply by installing the extension and choosing their preferred options. Version 1.0 of MageSEO will provide the following features:
- A meta robots rule configurator (which supports head match and REGEX rules)
- A robots.txt editor
- Meta robots options for https pages
- Rel next and prev for pagination pages
- Canonical options for trailing slashes (to eliminate the trailing slash canonical issues)
- Page-level meta robots options
- Page-level canonical configuration
- Options to exclude pages and categories from sitemap
- Options to add meta robots tags to low quality pages such as search pages and wishlist pages
There are also a number of other features. In v2.0 we will be adding support for href-lang, schema options and a <head> editor with validation. If you have purchased v1.0, you will be able to update to upgrade to v2.0 for free.
Jared Brown, Ecommerce Director for Fashion Bunker
MageSEO is the perfect SEO extension for Magento. Our website had a lot of issues with filtered navigation and canonicalisation and this plugin helped us to resolve them without using any development resource. I also like being able to manually assign meta robots tags for different groups of pages.